Acceptance of Terms
Registration and Eligibility
You shall not:
- create any account for anyone other than yourself without such person's permission;
- use a User Name that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; use a User Name or WaterWalks account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization;or
- use a User Name that is a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful.
LUDWIG reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a User Name, or transfer ownership of a User Name in its sole discretion. Users are solely responsible and liable for activity that occurs on their account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their WaterWalks password. You shall never use another User's account without such other User's prior express permission. You will immediately notify LUDWIG in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
You understand that you are responsible for any charges associated with sending communications via your device. You hereby acknowledge that you have the right to communicate with your contacts via the Service.
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, must be the sole intellectual property of the person who posts or transmits such Content. LUDWIG cannot guarantee the authenticity of any Content or data, which users may provide about themselves. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible and liable for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom.
You retain the intellectual property rights relating to the Content you make available through the Service. You acknowledge and accept that by making the Content available through the Service, you automatically and free of charge grant LUDWIG an unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, sublicensable and transferable license to reproduce, distribute, redistribute, modify, translate, adapt, prepare derivative works, display and otherwise use all or part of the Content, by any and all means, in the context of providing the Service and/or our business activities, and within the limits of the privacy settings you have chosen for your content. This means that if you publish certain Content publicly, LUDWIG may use such WaterWalks content in connection with the Platform, Service and LUDWIG' business as LUDWIG may determine in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into our WaterWalks highlights, marketing materials, advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, and distributing it.
You also hereby do and shall grant each other User to see your Content on the WaterWalks map. You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Platform is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated; that LUDWIG will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content; and that LUDWIG cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users whose content you see in the course of using the Service.
When you delete your Content, it will be removed from the Service. However, you understand that any removed Content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period (but following removal will not be shared with others).
The Service contains Content specifically provided by LUDWIG or its partners and such Content is protected by intellectual property rights and associated rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, design rights, trade name rights, database rights, and neighbouring rights, as well as rights to knowhow ("Intellectual Property Rights"). You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
Rules and Conduct
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by LUDWIG in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
- involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without LUDWIG's prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of LUDWIG or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of LUDWIG;
- includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
- breaches any WaterWalks policy or rules incorporated therein.
You shall not (directly or indirectly):
- sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial (whether or not for profit) use or in any way that violates any third party right;
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by LUDWIG in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on WaterWalks's (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service;
- bypass any measures LUDWIG may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service);
- run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Platform;
- harvest, scrape, copy or mirror any Content from the Service;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or WaterWalks Content (other than your own Content), except as expressly authorized by LUDWIG;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
- otherwise take any action in violation of WaterWalks's guidelines and policies.
LUDWIG does not guarantee that any Content (as defined above) will be made available on the Platform or through the Service. LUDWIG has no obligation to monitor the Platform, Service or Content. For users it is possible to flag content that is believed to be unlawful, or in any way offensive. We will examine your notice and, if possible and necessary, take measures to remove the content. See also: Flagging and blocking objectionable content below.
Flagging and blocking objectionable content
If you believe certain content found on WaterWalks is unlawful, you can flag the content. You can find the option to flag under each post. We will examine your notice and, if possible and necessary, take measures to remove the content within 24 hours by removing the content and — if needed — blocking the user who provided the offending content.
You can also reach out to us directly by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LUDWIG's access to your information
Feedback and Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
LUDWIG welcomes your feedback regarding WaterWalks' use and features. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us email@example.com. Any feedback you provide to LUDWIG or any of its employees shall be deemed to be non-confidential.
LUDWIG shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation or attribution to you.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may permit Users to link to other websites, apps, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Platform. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under WaterWalks's control, and you acknowledge that LUDWIG is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by LUDWIG or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that LUDWIG shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource. This includes downloading the Platform from third party application stores (e.g., Apple App Store and Google Play Store) authorized by LUDWIG.
Fees and Charges
The use of the Service is free of charge.
LUDWIG may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Platform and Services are provided on an "as is" basis. LUDWIG does not warrant that the Platform and Services are accessible at all times and/or are (fully) functional at all times.
You acknowledge that LUDWIG has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which Users gain access to the Service; what Content you access via the Service; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. The Service may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. LUDWIG makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Service, and LUDWIG will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Service. You release us from all liability relating to your connections and relationships with other Users. You understand that we do not, in any way, screen Users, nor do we inquire into the backgrounds of Users or attempt to verify their backgrounds or statements. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Users or the veracity of any information Users provide. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and any damages resulting in any way from communications or meetings with Users or persons you may otherwise meet through the Services. As such, you agree to take reasonable precautions and exercise the utmost personal care in all interactions with any individual you come into contact with through the Services, particularly if you decide to meet such individuals in person. For example, you should not, under any circumstances, provide your financial information (e.g., credit card or bank account numbers) to other individuals.
Integration and Severability
You may contact LUDWIG at the following address: Zanddwarsstraat 3, 1011HMAmsterdam, The Netherlands. Foundation LUDWIG is registered with the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands under number 58138773.
You can download our terms as PDF here
- 23May 2021: published Terms of Service